Customizable Android system accelerates development of smart O2O (online-to-offline) applications and services in urban environments
Taipei, Taiwan, 20 September, 2016 – VIA Technologies, Inc. today unveiled its new VIA ARTiGO A830 system for streetwise IoT deployments, including smart lockers, smart vending machines, and smart information kiosks and signage.
With its ruggedized enclosure, wide operating temperature range of -20°C ~ 60°C, and surge and lightning protection, the system has been designed to deliver 24/7 reliability in even the most demanding outdoor environments. High-performance compute, graphics and video features guarantee optimum performance for intensive multimedia shopping, entertainment, and navigation applications, while the integrated 5W audio amplifier ensures optimum audio quality.
“The VIA ARTiGO A830 provides a scalable interactive hub for businesses and government departments to deliver a host of innovative logistics, retail, and smart city services direct from the streetside,” commented Richard Brown, VP of International Marketing for VIA Technologies, Inc. “With its highly-flexible design, the system can be customized for multiple applications and business models – whether it’s a smart vending machine for hot or cold meals or a smart locker for package pickup and deliveries.”
VIA ARTiGO A830
The VIA ARTiGO A830 combines an ultra-reliable, high-performance system hardware platform with a stable Android 4.4.2 software framework that enables the rapid development of multimedia-rich applications and services using touch, voice, and wireless interfaces. It is already being deployed in cities throughout China, where high smart phone usage rates and the proliferation of mobile payment systems are driving the development of O2O (online-to-offline) applications and services among dense urban populations.
Key features include:
- Rich I/O: including six USB 2.0 ports, five RS-232 COM ports, one 3-pole Phoenix RS-485 COM port, one Gigabit Ethernet port, and one SIM card slot that support a wide variety of peripherals such as touch screens, barcode scanners and readers, and security cameras.
- Advanced video and audio performance: including HDMI and LVDS support for high-definition video and an integrated 5W audio amplifier for high-quality audio output.
- -20 ~ 60℃ wide operating temperature: ensures stable operation in harsh climate conditions.
- Anti-static and lightning: provides resistance to various external shocks for uninterrupted 24/7 operation
- Android BSP Development Kit: enables full support for customers-specific requirements from application design and software development to remote monitoring & maintenance – greatly speeding up the development process and time to market.
For more information about the VIA ARTiGO A830, please visit: http://www.viatech.com/en/systems/small-form-factor-pcs/artigo-a830/
For images related to this release, please visit: http://www.viagallery.com/via-products/via-embedded-arm-solutions/via-artigo-a830/
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is a global leader in the development of highly-integrated embedded platform and system solutions for M2M, IoT, and Smart City applications, ranging from video walls and digital signage to healthcare and industrial automation. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the many world’s leading hi-tech, telecommunications, consumer electronics industry brand names. www.viatech.com