The VIA VX900 media system processor (MSP) with an integrated VIA Chrome® 9 HD 3D graphics processor offers a world-class DirectX® 9.0 HD multimedia platform for graphics-intensive Embedded applications.
Integrating the high-performance fully programmable VIA ChromotionHD™ 2.0 video engine, the VIA VX900 MSP boasts hardware acceleration of the most demanding video formats for both locally stored and cloud based HD video content. The VIA ChromotionHD™ 2.0 video engine offers advanced filtering and cutting edge post-processing to perform ultra-smooth decoding of H.264, MPEG-2, VC-1, and WMV-HD codecs bringing crisp, smooth 1080p HD video content to life without hogging key system resources.
Additional enhancements include H.264 HD encoder, motion compensation, transform, de-blocking, full VLD and AVS support as well as support for the latest connectivity standards including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, VGA and LVDS/TMDS.
The VIA VX900 MSP supports up to 8GB of DDR3 system memory at speeds of up to 1066MHz and is compatible with the VIA QuadCore E-Series , VIA Nano® E-Series, VIA Eden® ULV, and VIA C7®-D Series processor families providing a single chip solution that reduces overall silicon footprint and lowers system power consumption.
VIA VX900 Media System Processor Key Features
- High Performance Hardware HD Video Decoder: Smooth hardware acceleration for MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG-2, VC-1 and Blu-ray including support for advanced browser streamed video technologies
- Advanced Display Connectivity: Supports the latest display standards including Display Port, HDMI, DVI and VGA in multi-display configurations
- DX9 Graphics Performance: The VIA Chrome® 9 HD 3D integrated graphics core boasts full DirectX® 9.0 support and a 128-bit 2D engine
- HD Audio support: VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supports up to six high definition channels with a 192kHz sampling rate, delivering a richer all-round digital media experience
- Memory Support: Memory controller technology supports the lower power, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory modules
- Fully Integrated technology support: Supports the low power device interfaces of SDIO, UART and SPI, LPC as well as up to 8 USB 2.0 ports
- S3TC™ Technology: True 24bit 3D texture compression algorithm which reduces demand of system memory to provide, lower power, better texture resolution and greater overall performance.
VX900 Block Diagram