VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1708B delivers top quality audio performance, supporting the latest 8-channel, 24-bit, 192KHz audio content for an all-round high fidelity experience.
Integrating stereo DACs with a 98dB S/N ratio and compliant with the Intel® High Definition Audio Rev. 1.0 specification, VIA HD Audio codecs include leading edge features such as a high quality headphone amplifier, enhanced recording support, and advanced power management features, making them ideal for mobile devices.
To complete the solution, VIA offers a stylish, easy to use driver with the VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs that enable full access to its wide range of features. The driver for the VIA VT1708B also optionally supports leading QSound technology that offers unmatched technologies to transforms the PC audio experience with enhancements for games, music, and movies as well as advanced feature control that allows users to fully customize their audio experience.
DTS Connect logoThe VT1708B HD Audio Codec also supports DTS multi-channel digital surround sound natively through the VIA Audio Deck. With the advanced features and effects of DTS Connect, home media system users can now enjoy an enhanced 7.1-channel surround sound experience on their systems.
Target markets for the VIA HD Audio codecs include audio on motherboard solutions, and new convergence devices based on the x86 platform.
High Definition Codec
- Intel® High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant
High Audio Quality
- Exceeds Microsoft® Windows® Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 98dB SNR, DACs with 95dB SNR
Various Output Format
- 4 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/24-bit, 48K/96K/192K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 16/24-bit S/PDIF TX supports 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- 16/24-bit S/PDIF RX supports 32K/48K/96KHz/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free Package
- Desktop PCs
- Laptop PCs