The VIA Envy VT1731 is a 2-channel, 32-bit/384KHz audio controller specifically designed to achieve cinema-quality audio recording and playback in high fidelity USB and MIDI system applications. With the advancement to 32-bit, 384 kHz support more points along the sound wave are recorded and saved, creating the most authentic listening experience when it is converted into analog sound during playback. The VT1731 brings highest audio quality to the prosumer which does not demand a full surround setup.
The highly integrated single chip USB audio solution is embedded with a number of crucial modules, including a standard 8032 MCU core, USB Transceiver, two I2C master and one slave controller, an I2S controller, a serial flash controller, an SPI port, phase-locked loop (PLLs) with internal oscillator, and a 3.3 V~ 2.0 V regulator.
The VT1731 also supports multi-channel PCM digital audio format up to 32-bit resolution and 384 kHz sample rate as well as multiple audio bit streams of up to 2 Input Streams and 2 Output Streams. Additionally, the I2S interface of the VT1731 is capable of supporting various customized configurations. An S/PDIF interface with one stereo output port and one stereo input port also supports up to a 24-bit resolution and 192 kHz sample rate.
- USB Interface
- USB 2.0 High-Speed (480 Mbps) Device Compliant
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed (12 Mbps) Device Compliant
- USB 2.0 High-Speed PHY Integrated
- USB Audio Class v1.0/ v2.0 Device Compliant
- USB Device Firmware Upgrade v1.1 Compliant
- High Resolution, Multi-Channel PCM Audio Bit Streams
- Up to 32-bit, 384kHz sample rate
- Up to 2 Input Streams and 2 Output Streams
- I2S Audio Interface
- 2 I2S Input
- 2 I2S Output
- Mono/ 2-Ch
- 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 384 kHz
- S/PDIF Interface
- 1 Stereo SPDIF Output
- 1 Stereo SPDIF Input
- Mono / 2-Ch
- 16 / 20 / 24-bit
- SPIDIF In: 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz
- SPIDIF Out: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 192 kHz
- Blu-ray Disc™ Audio Content Protection
- 32-bit/192kHz audio output delivering cinema-level audio experience
- MIDI Interface
- One Dedicated MPU-401 Compatible UART, with Micro-controller Interface Support
- Supports both DSD and PCM Output Formats.
- (pin-shared with I2S and MIDI interface)