The highly integrated single-chip VIA VX800 combines state-of-the-art x86 computing capabilities with low power requirements in the size of 33 mm x 33 mm for creating performance small form factor designs. The VX800 integrates a high performance DDR2 memory controller (supporting up to 667 MHz), 800/533/400 MHz FSB CPU interface, PCI Express, SATA (3Gbps), EIDE, USB 2.0, HD audio, and stunning DirectX® 9.0 3D graphics.
The DirectX® 9.0 3D graphics engine, unified video decoding accelerator, and high definition audio controller enables a totally immersive experience. Next generation devices can take advantage of its multimedia capabilities to create interactive graphics, mesmerizing video, and engulfing audio. With the unique integrated and advanced video processing capabilities, the VX800 can handle 3D applications, MPEG-2 or WMV9/VC1 video stream playback while reducing the workload and the power consumption of the processor.
Complementing the VIA Nano®, C7® or Eden® processor, the VX800 assists in reducing overall system power consumption with a maximum power envelope of just 5.5 watts. Power consumption is further reduced through the advanced power management features that vary its power consumption according to its workload.
The VX800 provides diversified connection options for various applications. In addition to the high speed USB 2.0 interface, VX800 supports low power interfaces including SDIO, UART, and SPI for power sensitive applications.
The VX800 is optimized for a broad range of embedded computing requiring enhanced graphics capabilities. Along with producing dazzling graphics and smooth video, connectivity and display flexibility, the VX800 performance chipset supports an unmatched feature set while only requiring a small footprint.
VIA VX800 MSP Key Features
- High Performance 3D Graphics: The VIA Chrome® 9 HC3 integrated graphics core boasts full DirectX 9.0 support
- Powerful Image Enhancement Technology: The VIA Chromotion™ video engine delivers a Hi-Def™ visual experience, including advanced video acceleration for MPEG-2, WMV9 and VC1 video formats, plus a VMR capable HD video processor.
- The Warmth of HD Audio: The built-in VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supports up to eight high definition channels with a 192kHz sampling rate, delivering a richer all-round digital media experience.
- Intuitive Memory Technology: VIA’s renowned memory controller technology supports the lower power, high-bandwidth DDR2 memory modules.
- Seamless Networking: Makes Wifi connectivity easy, with added support for Gigabit Ethernet networking and 10/100 Fast Ethernet.
- Extended Peripheral Connectivity: Interconnects up to PCI Express for high bandwidth peripherals, plus hard drive connectivity up to SATA II as well as PATA (IDE), six USB2.0 ports, and four PCI slots.
- Display Flexibiity: An integrated multi-configuration LVDS transmitter enables display connection to embedded panels, as well as CRT monitors.
- Consumer Electronics Interfaces: Supports the low power device interfaces of SDIO, UART and SPI, as well as for the popular memory card interfaces of SD, MMC and MS for specialist embedded and CE designs.
VX800 Block Diagram