The VIA Vectro VT6212L is a 4-port PCI Host Controller, offering enhanced performance and simultaneous connectivity to multiple devices. Certified by the USB Implementers Forum for Hi-Speed USB 2.0 operation, the VIA Vectro VT6212L ensures seamless plug-and-play connectivity to new generation USB 2.0-enabled peripheral devices.
Benefits of the VIA Vectro VT6212L
Multi-functionality: The four downstream ports and full legacy support enable the running of multiple high-speed peripherals simultaneously.
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Performance: Certified by the USB Implementers Forum for Hi-Speed USB 2.0 operation, the VIA Vectro VT6212L is one of the top performers in the industry, delivering superior performance, especially in data access and read/write speeds.
Simplicity: A cost-effective single chip peripheral connection interface for USB 2.0-enabled PC peripherals as well as the new generation of higher bandwidth devices such as digital cameras and MP3 players.
Energy-Efficiency:Advanced power management features exert control over I/O power consumption, ensuring the benefits of the VIA Vectro VT6212L even in low power applications.
Flexibility: Available as an add-in card or a chipset installed directly onto the mainboard, the VIA Vectro VT6212L provides the most flexible approach for system builders and OEMs to add USB 2.0 to their product line-up.
Compliant with USB Specification Revision 2.0, the VIA Vectro VT6212L USB 2.0 Host Controller delivers consistently high data transfer rates of up to 480Mbps to each of the four downstream USB 2.0 ports, supporting multiple connectivity with USB 2.0-enabled peripheral devices.
Incorporating two Universal Host Controller Interface (UHCI) cores for full signaling and one Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) core for high-speed signaling, the VIA Vectro VT6212L is a multi-functional PCI device that utilizes the exceptional bandwidth of USB 2.0 to support a wide range of high-speed peripherals, including high resolution video, webcams, digital cameras, next-generation scanners and printers and high-density storage devices.
The VIA Vectro VT6212L root hub consists of four downstream facing ports with integrated physical layer transceiver and legacy support, enabling the simultaneous operation of multiple peripheral devices. The VIA Vectro VT6212L is fully backward compatible with the USB 1.1 specification, ensuring seamless connectivity of legacy USB devices.
Based on VIA’s low power architecture and advanced 0.22 micron CMOS process technology, the VIA Vectro VT6212L features enhanced power management of I/O power consumption, making it suitable for mobile systems where battery life is critical, and in power sensitive applications.
Supporting the 32-bit PCI-Bus Power Management Interface Specification, the VIA Vectro VT6212L is available as a 4-port PCI USB 2.0 add-in card or as a discrete USB 2.0 host controller for installation on the mainboard, offering OEMs and system integrators flexibility in designing cost-effective solutions to satisfy the peripheral interface requirements of desktops, mobile systems and other host platforms.
The VIA Vectro VT6212L is available in a 128-Pin LQFP package supporting firmware applications.
Support for the VIA Vectro VT6212L is built into Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows® 2000. Windows® Vista, Win98SE and WinME drivers are also suitable for the VIA Vectro VT6212L.
VT6212L Block Diagram
- USB 2.0
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Compliant with Enhanced Host Controller Interface Specification Revision 1.0
- Compliant with Universal Host Controller Interface Specification Revision 1.1
- PCI multi-function device consists of two UHCI Host Controllers for full/low-speed signaling and one EHCI Host Controller core for high-speed signaling
- 4 downstream facing ports in the root hub with integrated physical layer transceivers shared by UHCI and EHCI Host Controllers
- Supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface Specification release 1.1
- Legacy support for all downstream facing ports
- 4 DMA engines with pipelined control for USB data transfer bandwidth improvement
- Dynamic clock stop control for power consumption reduction
- Serial EEPROM support for boot register update
- Cardbus mode support
- 2.5V Power supply with 5V tolerant inputs
- Manufactured using the 0.22µm, low power CMOS process
- 128-Pin LQFP (14mm x 20mm) low profile package available
- Schematics and PCB reference designs available
- 24 MHz crystal system clock
- Support for PCI Mobile Design Guide