We are very happy to announce the latest release of the Android Board Support Package (BSP) and Evaluation Kit (EVK) for our VAB-820 board and AMOS-820 system. It is a maintenance release, fixing issues uncovered since the last update, and adding support for a hardware variant. The BSP is continues to be based upon the Freescale Android KitKat 4.4.2 image.
Changes in this release
- Fix saving volume setting if higher than 10
- Fix issue with WiFi hotspot settings
- Add VAB-820-X (iMX6 DualLite) support
To recap, here are the major features of these packs that were introduced earlier:
- Kernel version 3.0.35
- Support SPI with eMMC as default boot device
- Support HDMI or LVDS single display
- Support Dual Display (Clone Mode)
- Support AUO 22″ LVDS (1680×1050) / AUO 10.4″ G104XVN01.0 (1024×768) / AUO 7″ G070VW01V0 (800×480) Panel with touch (USB resistance interface)
- Support Mini PCI-E (Verified with EMIO-1541 wifi module)
- Support EMIO-1541 (mini-PCIe wifi) / EMIO-1533 (usb wifi)
- Support ADV-7180 Capture (S-video/CVBS)
- Support COM1 DTE mode, COM2 is as debug port in default
- Support GigaLan KSZ9031
- Support Watch Dog/GPIO
- Support FlexCAN x2 (VAB-820-A)
- Support EMIO-2550 (ZU200 3G/GPS)
- Support HDMI audio output
- Analog sgtl5000 audio Line-in/Line-out/Mic-in
- Support SmartETK v0.0.11 (UART, GPIO and WatchDog)
You can download the updates from the VAB-820 and AMOS-820 product pages, from the “Downloads” tab. You can also find there the latest BSP Development Guide and Evaluation Guide in PDF format for these releases!
Pro tip: If you would like to receive an alert whenever our ARM products’ software is updated, you can sign up for the BSP announcement mailing list on the relevant Download page!
We’d love to hear if you have any feedback or comment!