We are pleased to announce the availability of a new Android Board Support Package (BSP) and Evaluation Kit (EVK) featuring Android KitKat 4.4.2 for the VIA VAB-1000 Pico-ITX board.
In addition to bumping the base Android version from 4.3 to 4.4.2, the new release also adds support for 1000M (Gigabit) Ethernet.
- U-boot version:2013.07
- Kernel version: 3.10
- Evaluation image: Android KitKat 4.4.2
- Support eMMC boot
- Support VAB-1000 (2G RAM)
- Support HDMI or LVDS single display
- Support HDMI Display Max Resolution: 1920×1080
- Support HDMI Audio for HDMI1
- Support AUO 10.4″ G10XVN01.0 (1024×768) / AUO 7″ G070VW01 V0 (800×600) LVDS Panel with Touch (USB resistance) in default
- Support system bar auto hide when set FULL_SCREEN
- Support SD card/SATA HD/eMMC storage
- Support UART1 debug port
- Support two UARTs
- Support RTL8111G 10M/100M/1000M RJ-45 Ethernet
- Support EMIO-1541 (mini-PCIe Wi-Fi) / EMIO-1533 (USB Wi-Fi)
- Support EMIO-2550 (ZU200 3G/GPS)
- Support Line-out and MIC-in
- Support USB keyboard, mouse, flash disk, UVC camera
- Support 1080p hardware video decoding for H.264, VC-1, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8
- Support Smart ETK functions: Watch Dog, Wake-On-Lan, RTC wakeup, 4xGPIO, 2xUART, 2xI2C, suspend, reboot
You can download the new BSP and EVK directly from the VAB-1000 product page under the “Downloads” tab as well as the related documentation.
Pro tip: If you would like to receive an alert whenever our ARM products’ software is updated, you can sign up for the BSP announcement mailing list on the relevant Download page!
We’d love to hear if you have any comments or feedback!