Facial Recognition Technology (FRT) is changing the way we learn. Schools and educational professionals are on the constant lookout for new ways to engage students and improve teaching. More and more often, they are turning toward technology for the solution; in fact, the use of AI in education is forecasted to grow at a rate of 47.5% through 2021.
From improving campus security to minimizing cheating and improving classroom performance, FRT can personalize learning experiences and revolutionize education. With a growing number of advances in facial recognition technology on the horizon, how can schools leverage this new technology to better engage students and improve education systems?
This is the key question that we at VIA are hoping to help answer. In our five-article FRT in education blog series, our summer interns conducted in-depth market research on facial recognition and shared their personal perspectives on the future of FRT in education. They covered five different aspects of how FRT can impact the future of education, which can be found here:
- Find out more about how schools can use FRT to better understand and maximize students’ performance in the classroom.
- Learn how FRT can revolutionize special education programs and virtual classrooms by creating personalized learning experiences.
- Read about how FRT can minimize school violence, enhance school security, and create more inclusive communities.
- Explore how schools can address the issue of cheating and create fairer testing conditions by using FRT.
- Get both perspectives on the debate between privacy protection and campus security, and learn more about the common concerns the public has about FRT.
To view this content in a more convenient format, please click on the link to download our comprehensive FRT in education blog series e-book and to read more about the impact that FRT can have on education systems around the world.