- Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning detect potential dangers on the road ahead and alert the driver to take preventive action
- Driver Monitoring System identifies risky and illegal behaviors including distracted driving, driver fatigue, phone usage, and smoking
- Exemplifies VIA’s ongoing commitment to enhancing the intelligence of VIA Mobile360 vehicle-safety systems with our cutting-edge computer vision and AI technologies
May 28, 2020 – Taipei, Taiwan – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced the integration of powerful new AI accident prevention and behavior monitoring features into the VIA Mobile360 D700 AI Dash Cam that further boost driver safety and provide fleet managers with deeper insights into vehicle usage.
The VIA Mobile360 D700 captures video of road conditions and driver behavior using its dual HD front dash and interior cameras and can store the footage on the device itself or transmit it to the cloud via a 4G wireless connection.
With its support for Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning, the VIA Mobile360 D700 detects potential danger on the road ahead and sends an audio alert to the driver to take immediate corrective action to prevent an accident. Video footage of the incident combined with additional data extracted from the CAN bus can be saved for analysis by the fleet manager. In cases when a collision or other serious incident occurs, a real-time alert together with relevant video clips is transmitted to the fleet management cloud for immediate follow up.
The new DMS (Driver Monitoring System) features on the VIA Mobile360 D700 further boost safety by identifying abnormal and illegal behaviors including distracted driving, driver fatigue, phone usage, and smoking. By providing objective and relevant real-time data that can be synchronized with the cloud, these new features enable fleet managers to identify issues that can potentially impact the performance and health of their drivers and take the appropriate steps to address them.
“The integration of these new AI features in the VIA Mobile360 D700 will not only improve safety for drivers of commercial vehicles by enabling them to react more quickly to sudden changes in road conditions,” commented Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “It will also make it is easier for fleet operators to boost efficiency and reduce costs by helping to prevent accidents and improve driver performance.”
VIA Mobile360 D700
The VIA Mobile360 D700 AI Dash Cam is a robust and compact solution for commercial-grade fleet management applications. Key features include:
- 1080p front dash and interior cameras
- 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS wireless connectivity
- Configurable LDW (Lane Departure Warning), FCW (Forward Collision Warning), and
- DMS (Driver Monitoring System) safety features
- VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SDK with AWS IoT Core and Amazon KVS live video streaming development and Android / iOS smartphone reference apps
- Two-way calling
- Removable Micro SD Card storage up to 512GB
More information about the VIA Mobile360 D700 can be found here:
Images of the VIA Mobile360 D700 are available here:
The VIA Mobile360 D700 AI Dash Cam is available now worldwide. The system features a 30-day free trial of the VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), including 50 hours of live streaming with Amazon KVS.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in connecting businesses to advanced AI, IoT, and computer vision technology through innovative smart solutions for transportation, industrial, smart city and data center applications. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading technology companies.