The VIA Envy VT1730 is an 8-channel, 32-bit/384 kHz audio controller specifically designed to achieve cinema-quality audio recording and playback in high fidelity USB and MIDI system applications. Whether it’s using the High-Speed bandwidth capacity of USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s) to simultaneously support audio streams from a guitar, bass, keyboard and microphone, or delivering true-to-life sound to multiple speakers in a home theatre set-up, the VIA Envy VT1730 offers outstanding audio performance and impressive application flexibility.
The highly integrated single chip USB audio solution is embedded with a number of crucial modules, including a standard 8032 MCU core, USB transceiver, five I2C masters and one slave controller, an I2S controller, a serial flash controller, four SPI ports, phase locked loop (PLLs) with internal oscillator, and a 3.3 V~2.0V regulator.
The VIA VT1730 also supports multi-channel PCM digital audio format up to 32-bit resolution and 384 kHz sample rate as well as multiple audio bit streams of up to 5 Input streams and 6 Output streams. Additionally, the controller is capable of connecting 8 Inputs and 8 Outputs simultaneously in selectable I2S or MSB-justified Digital Audio Interface. An S/PDIF interface with two stereo output ports and one stereo input port also supports up to a 24-bit resolution and 192 kHz sample rate.
- USB Interface
- USB 2.0 High-Speed (480 Mbps) Device Compliant
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed (12 Mbps) Device Compliant
- USB 2.0 High-Speed PHY Integrated
- USB Audio Class v1.0/ v2.0 Device Compliant
- USB Device Firmware Upgrade v1.1 Compliant
- High Resolution, Multi-Channel PCM Audio Bit Streams
- Up to 32-bit, 384kHz sample rate
- Up to 5 Input Streams and 6 Output Streams
- I2S Audio Interface
- 8 I2S Input
- 8 I2S Output
- Mono/ 2-Ch
- 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 384 kHz
- S/PDIF Interface
- 2 Stereo SPDIF Output
- 1 Stereo SPDIF Input
- Mono / 2-Ch
- 16 / 20 / 24-bit
- SPIDIF In: 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz
- SPIDIF Out: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 192 kHz
- Blu-ray Disc™ Audio Content Protection
- 32-bit/192kHz audio output delivering cinema-level audio experience
- MIDI Interface
- 3 MIDI In
- 3 MIDI Out
- Any MIDI port can be used as UART
- Supports both DSD and PCM Output Formats.
- (pin-shared with I2S and MIDI interface)
VT1730 Block Diagram