VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1828S is a low-power optimized, high fidelity, 10-channel High Definition audio codec which is compatible with Intel High Definition Audio specification and supports stereo 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sample rate for DACs/ADCs.
The VIA Vinyl VT1828S features five DACs, two stereo ADCs, analog input to analog output mixing, and two independent S/PDIF outputs. It can achieve 110 dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) for DACs and 100 dB SNR for ADCs. A high quality analog mixer is used to support A-A path.
Supporting Blu-ray and HD DVD Audio Content Protection as well as advanced VoIP and music enhancement functions, the VIA Vinyl VT1828S also features Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies for an unmatched PC audio experience.
The VIA Vinyl VT1828S uses two jack detection pins for presence detection on up to eight audio jacks allowing software to determine if there is a device plugged into the circuit. It also boasts a front-panel jack re-tasking feature that allows flexible configurations.
The VIA Vinyl VT1828S is embedded with software utilities such as environment emulation, EQ, extender, and optional sound effects, including support for QSound, DTS Connect, SRS Lab and Creative.
High Definition Codec
- Intel High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant
- Exceeds Microsoft Windows Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 100dB SNR, DACs with 110dB SNR Various Output Format
- 5 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48/96/192/44.1/88.2 kHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 2 independent 16/24-bit S/PDIF TX Outputs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
Blu-ray and HD DVD Audi Content protection
- Content protection for full-rate lossless DVD audio, Blu-ray DVD, and HD DVD audio content playback*
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- High performance analog mixer for AA path
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free and RoHS compliant package
- Desktop PCs
*with selected versions of WinDVD and PowerDVD