The VT6415 is one-channel PATA (IDE) host controller with PCI-Express interface to connect two ATA/ATAPI devices, such as hard disks and CD-ROM drives, providing extendable connection for motherboards, desktop PCs, and embedded systems.
The VT6415 is highly compatible with legacy parallel ATA/ATAPI (IDE) devices. Able to support up to two ATA/ATAPI devices, which in turn support PIO Mode 0/1/2/3/4, Multiword DMA Mode 0/1/2, and Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133, the VT6415’s IDE interface can also support Compact Flash (CF) cards for booting and storing.
Designed for motherboards, desktop PCs, and embedded system platforms that require small form factor, low power components, the VT6415 is the ideal choice for customers looking for PATA (IDE) interface for a variety of storage devices, or who are working with chipsets without PATA support.
PCI-Express BUS and Basic Function Specification
- Full compliance to PCI Express Revision 1.1
- Supports Advanced Error Reporting capability
- Active State Power Management (ASPM) to L0s and L1
- Flexible programmable Bus master burst sizes and advanced internal arbitration control to optimize the bus utilization
- Compliance with PCI bus power management specification v1.1 and ACPI v2.0.
- Supports SPI ROM to contain specific hardware configuration
PATA (IDE) Function Specification
- Support Bus Master Programming interface v1.0 support
- Supports up to 2 ATA/ATAPI storage devices
- Support PIO Mode 0,1,2,3,4
- Support Multiword DMA mode 0,1,2
- Support UDMA 33/66/100/133
- Supports 48-bit logical block addressing
- IDE interface supports CF Card boot/storage function
Power and Clock Specification
- Operates at 3.3V power supply
- Built-in 3.3V to 1.2V regulator
- 2KV ESD protection
- Crystal Oscillator: 24.576 MHz
- 7mm x 7mm, 48-pin QFN
- Co-layout with:
- VT6315S (PCIe 2 ports 1394a host controller)
- VT6330 (PCIe 2 ports 1394a and PATA/IDE combo controller)