VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VT1702S is a high quality audio solution that provides outstanding performance and design flexibility, supporting the latest 4-channel, 24-bit, 192KHz audio content for an all-round high fidelity experience.
The VIA Vinyl VT1702S integrates two 24-bit stereo high performance digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and two high performance stereo analog-to-digital converters (ADC), supporting audio sample rates up to 192 kHz and are compatible with the Intel® High Definition Audio Specification.
The VIA Vinyl VT1702S features two independent 16/20/ 24-bit S/PDIF TX Output channels that support sampling rates of 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 88.2 kHz. The second S/PDIF TX Out is dedicated for digital audio output to an HDMI transmitter.
An analog microphone features three sets of adjustable Vref-Out pins for microphone bias, while a digital microphone features mono and stereo support, with both supporting software for selectable boost gain. The stereo ADCs and microphone array can support Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies for an unmatched PC audio experience. A high quality analog mixer is used to support A-A path.
The VIA Vinyl VT1702S is embedded with software utilities such as environment emulation, EQ, extender, and optional sound effects, including support for QSound, DTS Connect, Creative audio program.
High Definition Codec
- Intel® High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant
- Exceeds Microsoft® Windows® Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 98B SNR, DACs with 100dB SNR
- 2 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48K/96K/192K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 2 independent 16/24-bit S/PDIF TX Outputs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free Package