VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE is a low-power optimized, high fidelity, 6-channel High Definition audio codec which is compatible with Intel® High Definition Audio specification and supports stereo 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sample rate for DACs/ADCs.
The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE features three stereo high performance DACs, two stereo ADCs, analog input to analog output mixing, and one independent S/PDIF output. It can achieve 100dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) for DACs and 93 dB SNR for ADCs. A high quality analog mixer is used to support A-A path.
The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE features four built-in amplifiers and analog microphone with three sets of adjustable Vref-out pins for microphone bias. The stereo ADCs and microphone array can support Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies for an unmatched PC audio experience.
The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE uses two jack detection pins for presence detection on up to eight audio jacks allowing software to determine if there is a device plugged into the circuit. It also boasts a front-panel jack re-tasking feature that allows flexible configurations.
The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE is embedded with software utilities such as environment emulation, EQ, extender, and optional sound effects, including support for QSound, DTS Connect, DTS Surround Sensation, Creative Audio Program and Third Party Microphone Array Technology.
The VIA Vinyl VT1705 CE is an upgraded version of the VT1705 with lower power consumption. It also features a built-in Low-dropout (LDO) regulator to reduce customer’s external circuit cost.
High Definition Codec
- Intel® High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant
- Exceeds Microsoft® Windows® Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 93dB SNR, DACs with 100dB SNR Various Output Format
- 3 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48/96/192/44.1/88.2 kHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 2 independent 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF TX Outputs supporting 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2 KHz sample rate
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- High performance analog mixer for AA path
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Built-in 5V to 4.4V LDO (Low-Dropout) Voltage Regulator
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free and RoHS compliant package
- Desktop PCs and laptops