VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1802P is a low power, high-fidelity 4-channel high definition audio codec designed for laptops, mobile and ultra-mobile computers.
The VIA Vinyl VT1802P integrates two 24-bit stereo digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and two stereo analog-to-digital converters (ADC), supporting audio sample rates up to 192 kHz and is compatible with the Intel® High Definition Audio Specification.
Supporting advanced VoIP and music enhancement functions, the VIA Vinyl VT1802P features one independent 16, 20, 24-bit S/PDIF TX Output channel that supports sampling rates of 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 88.2 kHz.
An analog microphone features three sets of adjustable Vref-Out pins for microphone bias, while a digital microphone features mono and stereo support, with both supporting software selectable boost gain. The stereo ADCs and microphone array can support Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. A high quality analog mixer is used to support A-A path.
The VIA Vinyl VT1802P is embedded with software utilities such as environment emulation, EQ, extender, and optional sound effects, including QSound, DTS Connect, Creative audio program as well as optional software features such as Karaoke mode and dynamic range compressor.
High Definition Codec
- Intel® High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant High Audio Quality
- Exceeds Microsoft® Windows® Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 98dB SNR, DACs with 100dB SNR Various Output Format
- 2 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48/96/192/44.1/88.2 kHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 1 independent 16/24-bit S/PDIF TX Output supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- High performance analog mixer for AA path
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 1.5 ~ 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Internal 5 to 4.4 V low-dropout (LDO) regulator
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free and RoHS compliant package
- Laptops, mobile and ultra-mobile PCs
*with selected versions of WinDVD and PowerDVD