As the market grows for ultra mobile products such as the popular Mini-Notes, UMPCs and MIDs, the demand for tiny, low power platforms with increasingly improved performance increases.
The VIA VX800U media system processor is an all-in-one digital media IGP chipset that packs the most features and performance into a tiny 31mm x 31mm package; when coupled with the VIA C7®-M processor or upcoming processors based on the VIA Isaiah Architecture, it delivers the smallest total package size (1530mm2), a total processor platform power draw of as little as 7.5 watts, and the best performing platform in the low power, high performance ultra mobile space.
Portable also means personal in a new and more intimate way, and consumers expect the best quality media experience on their personal devices. The VIA VX800U delivers 132-bit /192kHz multi-channel HD audio that’s music to your ears.
And while video on-the-go is the fastest growing mainstream application for today’s portable digital content consumer, the VIA VX800U comes through again with a wide range of ultra mobile platform video decoding acceleration support for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and WMV9/VC1 video formats through the C-Motion video engine. For graphics, the VIA C-9 HC3 integrated graphics processor (IGP) supports full Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 3D graphics as well as a 128-bit 2D graphics engine.
Portable performance also relies on your ability to store your digital life and the VX800U supports connections to IDE drives as well as SD, MMC and MS memory cards for worry-free compatibility with all your favorite digital technologies.
VIA VX800U: Driving Ultra Mobility
Targeted at the rapidly-growing ultra mobile market segment, the VIA VX800U delivers high quality graphics, video and memory performance, including Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 3D graphics, high definition video and audio playback, and support for up to 4GB of DDR2 system memory, all within a tiny all-in-one package with a maximum power draw of just 3.5 watts.
Fully Microsoft Windows Vista™ compliant, the VIA VX800U supports both current VIA C7-M processors and also upcoming processors based on the VIA Isaiah Architecture, ensuring vendors can offer a wider range of performance and price points utilizing the same platform infrastructure.
Key Features of the VIA VX800U
- High Performance 3D Graphics: The VIA C-9 HC3 integrated graphics core boasts full DirectX 9.0 support
- Powerful Image Enhancement Technology: The VIA C-Motion video engine delivers a Hi-Def™ visual experience, including advanced video acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9 and VC1 video formats, plus a VMR capable HD video processor.
- The Warmth of HD Audio: The built-in VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supports up to eight high definition channels with a 192kHz sampling rate, delivering a richer all-round digital media experience.
- Intuitive Memory Technology: VIA’s renowned memory controller technology supports the lower power, high-bandwidth DDR2 memory modules.
- Seamless Networking: Makes Wi-Fi connectivity easy, with added support for Gigabit Ethernet networking and 10/100 Fast Ethernet.
- Extended Peripheral Connectivity: PATA hard drive connectivity (IDE) plus six USB 2.0 ports and four PCI slots.
- Display Flexibility: An integrated multi-configuration LVDS transmitter enables display connection to embedded panels, as well as CRT monitors.
- Consumer Electronics Interfaces: Supports the low power device interfaces of SDIO, UART and SPI, as well as for the popular of SD, MMC and MS memory card interfaces.