The VIA Vectro VT6210L is a 2-port PCI USB 2.0 Host Controller, offering enhanced performance and simultaneous connectivity to multiple devices. Certified by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) for Hi-Speed USB 2.0 operation, the VIA Vectro VT6210L ensures seamless plug-and-play connectivity to new generation USB 2.0-enabled peripheral devices.
Benefits of the VIA Vectro VT6210L
Multi-functionality: The two downstream ports and full legacy support enable the running of multiple high-speed peripherals simultaneously.
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Performance: Certified by the USB Implementers Forum for Hi-Speed USB 2.0 operation, the VIA Vectro VT6210L is one of the top performers in the industry, delivering superior performance, especially in data access and read/write speeds.
Simplicity: A cost-effective single chip peripheral connection interface for USB 2.0-enabled PC peripherals as well as the new generation of higher bandwidth devices such as digital cameras and MP3 players.
Energy-Efficiency: Advanced power management features exert control over I/O power consumption, ensuring the benefits of the VIA Vectro VT6210L even in low power applications.
Flexibility: Available as an add-in card or a chipset installed directly onto the mainboard, the VIA Vectro VT6210L provides the most flexible approach to system builders and OEMs to add USB 2.0 to their product line-up.
The VT6210L USB 2.0 UHCI and EHCI Host Controller for the PCI 2.2 Bus provides higher bandwidth (480 Mbps) and is backward compatible with USB 1.1. It implements Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0 and is compliant with UHCI 1.1 and EHCI 1.0 with a 32-bit PCI host bus interface. The VT6210L adopts 2 DMA engines with pipelined control for USB data transfer bandwidth improvement and dynamic clock stop control for power consumption reduction.
The VT6210L supports 2 downstream facing ports with 1.5 (low-speed), 12 (full-speed) and 480 (high-speed) Mbps transaction capability. The Root Hub is integrated with physical-layer transceivers shared by UHCI (for full/low-speed) and EHCI (for high-speed) Host Controllers. The VT6210L also supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface Specification 1.1 and has legacy support for all downstream facing ports.
The VT6210L is ready to provide a PCI 2-port USB2.0 peripheral-interface to satisfy the needs of desktops, mobile systems, and other host platforms. Support for the VT6210L is built into Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows® 2000. Windows® Vista, Win98SE and WinME drivers are provided by VIA.
VT6210L Block Diagram
- USB 2.0
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Compliant with Enhanced Host Controller Interface Specification Revision 1.0
- Compliant with Universal Host Controller Interface Specification Revision 1.1
- PCI multi-function device consists of two UHCI Host Controllers for full/low-speed signaling and one EHCI Host Controller core for high-speed signaling
- 2 downstream facing ports in the root hub with integrated physical layer transceivers shared by UHCI and EHCI Host Controllers
- Supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface Specification release 1.1
- Legacy support for all downstream facing ports
- 2 DMA engines with pipelined control for USB data transfer bandwidth improvement
- Dynamic clock stop control for power consumption reduction
- Serial EEPROM support for boot register update
- Cardbus mode support
- 2.5V Power supply with 5V tolerant inputs
- Manufactured using the 0.22µm, low power CMOS process
- 128-Pin LQFP (14mm x 20mm) low profile package available
- Schematics and PCB reference designs available
- 24 MHz crystal system clock
- Support for PCI Mobile Design Guide