- Enables companies to take a proactive approach to reducing forklift accidents – one of the leading causes of industrial injuries and fatalities throughout the world
- Improves forklift operator attentiveness and wellbeing by detecting signs of fatigue, smart phone usage, and smoking
- Complete all-in-one solution featuring IP67-rated system and front, rear, and driver cameras that is easy to install using VIA Mobile360 WorkX smartphone app
Taipei, Taiwan, October 7, 2021 – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced the global availability of the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System.
Forklift accidents are one of the leading causes of industrial injuries and fatalities throughout the world, particularly in the manufacturing, logistics, and construction sectors. With its pinpoint people detection technology, this smart and reliable system prevents collisions with pedestrians in complex work environments by alerting the forklift operator whenever someone inadvertently steps within a hazardous range of their vehicle.
To reduce the possibility of accidents caused by operator inattentiveness, the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System also issues alerts when it detects signs of fatigue and risky behavior such a smart phone usage and smoking through the driver camera. Live video streams from the front and rear cameras of the system and real-time visual alerts can be delivered direct to the system’s optional 7” in-cabin display as well to increase operator awareness of the surrounding environment.
“The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System enables companies to take a proactive approach to boosting operational safety in factories, warehouses, and building sites,” said Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “By preventing forklift pedestrian collisions with its pinpoint people detection technology, the system not only reduces the risk of staff injuries but also cuts insurance and legal costs as well as losses from disruptions to operations.”
VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System provides a complete out of the box solution that is easy to install and delivers rock solid-reliability in the toughest indoor and outdoor environments. Highlights include:
- Smart People Detection: The system’s front and rear wide-angle cameras support a people detection zone covering an area of between 4 and 5 meters depending on the camera installation height. The detection area and accompanying alerts can be configured with either a single (warning) or two zones (warning and critical) using the VIA Mobile360 WorkX smart phone app.
- Smart Operator Behavior: The system alerts the operator when it detects signs of fatigue, smart phone usage, and smoking through the driver camera.
- Rich Visual Awareness: The system can deliver live video streams from the front and rear cameras direct to its optional 7” in-cabin CVBS display. Real-time visual alerts for people detection are also included in its user-friendly interface.
- Rugged Waterproof Design: The system comprises an IP67-rated enclosure, cameras, and optional display, as well as high-quality cables, brackets, and other accessories that have been validated under the most demanding operating conditions.
- Easy Installation & Operation: The VIA Mobile360 WorkX app makes calibrating the three cameras, adjusting settings, upgrading the firmware, and viewing and downloading videos stored on the system’s Micro SD card a snap.
- Supported Vehicles: With its flexible design,the system can be installed on wide range of forklift models from leading manufacturers.
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System is available worldwide.
Learn more about the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System here:
Images related to this press release are available here:
Learn how a leading commercial heavy vehicle manufacturer in China is using the system to improve forklift operational safety here:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in connecting businesses to advanced AI, IoT, and computer vision technology through innovative smart solutions for transportation, industrial, smart city, and data center applications. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading hi-tech, industrial, and transportation companies. www.viatech.com