- Simplifies integration of AI-powered collision avoidance and driver monitoring features in large commercial and public transportation vehicles
- Flexible all-in-one solution featuring ultra-compact IP67-rated system, front-facing ADAS camera, interior-facing driver monitoring camera, and optional ADAS display
- Rapid edge-to-cloud deployment, including free 30-day demonstration of the VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal
Taipei, Taiwan, December 2, 2021 – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced the launch of the VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System, making it fast and convenient for fleet operators to add cutting-edge collision alert and driver monitoring capabilities to buses, trucks, and other large vehicles.
Comprising an ultra-compact IP67-rated system, a front-facing ADAS camera, and an interior-facing driver camera, the VIA Mobile360 M800 provides the flexibility fleet operators need to install the device in different vehicle types and make sure that the cameras are best positioned for detecting potential dangers on the road ahead and signs of driver distraction, drowsiness, smart phone usage, and smoking. The optional ADAS display ensures that drivers receive timely visual and audio alerts whenever the system detects pedestrians and other vehicles coming into a hazardous range in front of their vehicle.
“Driving buses, trucks, and other large vehicles is one of the world’s most stressful occupations due to their size, weight, and the challenges of maneuvering them safely in busy traffic conditions,” said Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “The VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System makes it fast and easy for commercial and public transportation fleet operators to improve the safety and wellbeing of their drivers by adding the latest video telematics capabilities to their vehicles.”
VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System
The VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System provides a flexible solution that is easy to install in large vehicles and delivers rock solid-reliability in the toughest driving conditions. Highlights include:
- Driver Monitoring System: The system alerts the driver when it detects signs of fatigue, distraction, smart phone usage, and smoking through the interior-facing driver camera.
- Collision Alerts: The system alerts the driver when it detects a pedestrian or other threat coming too close to the front of the vehicle, so that they can take timely evasive action. It also automatically records and uploads videos of collision alerts to the cloud for follow-up and analysis.
- AI-Powered Driver Scores: The system can combine DMS, LDW, FCW, and hard revving, braking and cornering G-Sensor data to enable fleet operators to calculate a driver score and identify issues that negatively impact driver health and performance.
- Rich Connectivity: In addition to Wi-Fi, BT, and GPS, the system features an Ethernet connector to facilitate integration with existing telematics devices installed in the vehicle. An optional 4G LTE wireless card is also available.
- Rapid Edge-to-Cloud Deployment: The system features a comprehensive suite of VIA Fleet SDK, EVK, and BSP packages to enable smooth integration with leading public cloud platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal: The VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal accelerates the integration of AWS applications and services. A 30-day demonstration of the VIA Fleet Cloud Management Portal, including 50 hours of live streaming using Amazon KVS is available for operators to evaluate real-time vehicle tracking, collision alerts with video upload, trip history, and a host of other fleet management functions enabled on the system.
- Rugged Design: The system is IP67-rated and complies with the ISO-16750-3 Test VII shock and vibration standard. Its FOV-60.8° 1080p ADAS camera and FOV-113° 1080p DMS camera are also IP67-rated.
The VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System is available worldwide.
Learn more about the VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System here:
Images related to this press release are available here:
Watch this video here to learn more about the VIA Mobile360 M800 Video Telematics System: