- Speeds up development of smart access control systems, vending machines, information kiosks, point of sales (POS) devices, and visual inspection systems for retail, commercial, and industrial environments
- Reduces device development cost and time by providing a tightly integrated package, including module, carrier board, display, touch screen panel, and camera module
- Powered by a 2.0GHz MediaTek i350 Cortex-A53 quad-core SOC with a dedicated APU (AI processor) and digital signal processor (DSP) for rich vision and voice AIOT applications
Taipei, Taiwan, February 17, 2022 – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced the launch of the VIA SOM-9X35 Starter Kit to accelerate time-to-market for retail, commercial, and industrial Edge AI devices.
Featuring a flexible high-performance platform powered by the quad-core MediaTek i350 processor, the starter kit comes with a 7” LCD panel and touch panel display, a 13MP HD camera module, and dual speakers and microphone to provide a tightly integrated package for jumpstarting device development. Dual-band 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0, and optional 4G support provide the seamless connectivity required for myriad use cases.
“As AI moves increasingly to the edge, the demand for powerful and affordable edge devices with the power and flexibility to run intelligent vision applications such as facial, object, gesture, and motion recognition is rising at an exponential rate,” commented Richard Brown, VP of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “By combining the core compute, video, and display components in a single package, the VIA SOM-9X35 Starter Kit enables our customers to jumpstart the development of innovative devices to take advantage of these burgeoning market opportunities.”
About the VIA SOM-9X35 Starter Kit
The VIA SOM-9X35 Starter Kit is on sale worldwide. It comprises the following key components:
- VIA SOM-9X35 module powered by a 2.0GHz MediaTek i350 Cortex-A53 quad-core SOC for AI, and ML applications
- VIA VAB-935 3.5” SBC form factor carrier board with rich array of I/O and connectivity features, including HDMI, MIPI DSI, and MIPI CSI support as well as dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, a 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, and Bluetooth 5.0
- 7” 1024×600 MIPI LCD panel + touch panel display
- 13MP camera module
- Two speakers and microphone
The VIA SOM-9X35 can also be purchased as a discrete module and in combination with the VIA VAB-935 carrier board. A full set of hardware and software customization services that speed up time to market and minimize development costs is also available.
Learn more about the VIA SOM-9X35 here:
Images related to this press release are available here:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in connecting businesses to advanced AI, IoT, and computer vision technology through innovative smart solutions for transportation, industrial, smart city, and data center applications. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading hi-tech, industrial, and transportation companies. www.viatech.com