- Front and rear people detection cameras boost real-time worksite safety
- DSS (Driver Safety System) delivers real-time alerts to ensure driver attentiveness
- VIA Mobile360 WorkX smartphone app facilitates detection zone calibration
Taipei, Taiwan, August 22, 2022 – VIA Technologies, Inc. and TOYOTA Material Handling Taiwan today announced a partnership to jointly promote the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System featuring AI people detection and driver fatigue and distraction alert capabilities in order to improve forklift operation safety and strengthen the prevention of worksite accidents and injuries in Taiwan.
The Covid-19 pandemic over the past two years has placed tremendous strains on the global logistics sector and led to a growing need for more effective forklift safety. To reduce the number of injuries and fatalities involving forklifts in the global manufacturing and logistics sectors, TMHT is introducing the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System. By harnessing its pinpoint people detection, the system sends real-time alerts to the driver when someone steps within a hazardous distance of the vehicle, preventing pedestrian accidents in complex working environments.
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System is available in a 2PD (People Detection) + DSS (Driver Safety System) configuration. With its front and rear PD cameras, the system automatically warns the driver when it detects someone too close to the vehicle. Depending on the camera installation height, it supports a 60° – 120° people detection zone covering an area of between 4 and 5 meters. The VIA Mobile360 WorkX app makes calibrating the cameras and setting up a choice of single or dual alerts fast and convenient.
Huang Mingjen, General Manager of TMHT, commented: “In 2021 TOYOTA Industries Corporation was the leader of the global forklift market with a 28.44% share – more than double that of its closest competitor. Customer trust in the quality of TOYOTA Industrial products is our core value, along with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving customer safety operations. The partnership with VIA enables us to realize our fundamental goal of creating a safer people-centric operational environment.”
Epan Wu, General Manager of the VIA Intelligent Solutions Division, commented: “TOYOTA Industries is the number one forklift manufacturer in the world, and we are delighted to be partnering with TMHT in the Taiwan market. The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System enables enterprises to adopt a proactive approach to improving worksite safety. With its pinpoint detection capabilities, the system reduces the risk of employee injuries, cuts enterprise insurance and legal costs, and potential losses from operational disruptions.”
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System provides a complete out-of-the-box solution that is easy to install and delivers rock solid-reliability in the toughest indoor and outdoor environments. Highlights include:
- Smart People Detection: The system’s wide-angle cameras support a people detection zone covering an area of between 4 and 5 meters depending on the camera installation height. The detection area and accompanying alerts can be configured with either single (warning) or two zones (warning and critical) using the VIA Mobile360 WorkX smartphone app.
- DSS (Driver Safety System): The DSS alerts the operator when it detects signs of fatigue, smartphone usage, and smoking through the driver camera.
- Rich Visual Awareness: The system can deliver live video streams from the front and rear cameras direct to its optional 7” in-cabin CVBS display. Real-time visual alerts for people detection are also included in its user-friendly interface.
- Rugged Waterproof Design: The system comprises an IP67-rated enclosure, cameras, and optional display, as well as high-quality cables, brackets, and other accessories that have been validated under the most demanding operating conditions.
- Easy Installation & Operation: The VIA Mobile360 WorkX app makes calibrating the three cameras, adjusting settings, upgrading the firmware, and viewing and downloading videos stored on the system’s Micro SD card a snap.
- Supported Vehicles: With its flexible design,the system can be installed on a wide range of combustion-powered and electric-powered forklift models from leading manufacturers.
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System is available worldwide and supports a wide range of configurations to meet diverse customer requirements.
Learn more about the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System here: https://www.viatech.com/en/products/ai-systems/mobile360-forklift-safety-system/
See videos of the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System in action here:
Images related to this press release are available here:
About TOYOTA MATERIAL HANDLING TAIWAN LTD.
TOYOTA MATERIAL HANDLING TAIWAN LTD. is the exclusive distributor of TOYOTA industrial equipment in Taiwan, providing total solutions for logistics operations. We are dedicated to providing safe, quality, innovative products and services that exceed customers’ expectations from all industries. Providing the most comprehensive services to our customers is our first mission of all. www.toyota-lf.com.tw
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in the design and development of intelligent automotive, industrial, building, and edge solutions for the most demanding use cases and deployment environments. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading hi-tech, industrial, transportation, and logistics companies. www.viatech.com